April was all about the love for my library. I discovered that in addition to having a subscription to OverDrive, my library also has a subscription to RB Digital (a service that has some book choices that overlap with OD, but also has more offerings, including magazines).
Books attached to the post are my favorites for the month.
Dewey Read-a-thon stats: 5 books, 279 pages read; one mini-challenge completed; 6 hours and 41 minutes reading time.
BL/GR: 42/75 - I increased by goal by 23 books and I am already over the 50% mark!
Pop Sugar: 10 new prompts filled; 24/50 prompts filled total
1. It's in His Kiss (Lucky Harbor #10) by Jill Shalvis - 3 stars
2. Paper Girls (Book One) by Brian K. Vaughan et al - 4.5 stars
3. George by Alex Gino - 3.5 stars
4. Once Upon a Spine (A Bibliophile Mystery #11) by Kate Carlisle - 1 star
5. Witches of East End (The Beauchamp Family #1) by Melissa de la Cruz - 5 stars
6. Barefoot Season (Blackberry Island #1) by Susan Mallery - 5 stars
7. The Irish Americans: A History by Jay P. Dolan - 2.5 stars
8. Hospitality and Homicide (Tourist Trap Mystery #8) by Lynn Cahoon - 3 stars
9. Three Sisters (Blackberry Island #2) by Susan Mallery - 3 stars
10. Wonderment in Death (...In Death #41.5) by J.D. Robb - 3 stars
11. Evening Stars (Blackberry Island #3) by Susan Mallery - 5 stars
12. Island Girls by Nancy Thayer 3.5 stars
13. One Wish (Thunder Point #7) by Robyn Carr - 2.5 stars
14. Winter Eve (Shifters of Ashwood Falls #0.5) by Lia Davis - 3.5 stars
15. Catherine Finds Love (Ruby Springs Brides #1) by Karla Gracey - 3 stars
16. Desperate (Lipstick and Lead #1) by Sylvia McDaniel - 2.5 stars
17. Doc's Town (Prossers Bay #0.5) by Cheryl Phipps - 1 star
18. Three Fates by Kate Quinn - 4 stars
1. I Contain Multitudes by Ed Young - I couldn't make it through the first chapter. Sorry Flat Book Society.
2. Death on Tap (Sloan Krause Mystery #1) by Ellie Alexander - Boring, badly drawn characters and lots of details about things that don't matter. Suffers greatly from first book-itis. Still no dead body at the 20% mark so I cut my loses there.
3. Driftwood Cottage (Chesapeake Shores #5) by Sherryl Woods - Stupid morons, their poor kid who is already one year old and looking for an escape away from his parents, and his meddling family left me cold at the 15% mark. Couldn't care about any of these characters to read their stories, so I am DNF'ing the whole series.