Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Summer Reading Lovin'

It has been a while, huh? Drinking a cupof Twinings African Rooibos, Strawberry, and Vanilla tea while it non-stops raining and cold here in east England. I recommend this tea, it is a perfect balance between sweet and spicy. So here is what I have been up to....

COYER Summer Vacation 2017
So I opted into the reading list part of this challenge. Out of the original 30 books on my list, I have read and reviewed 10 and DNF 1 (let's just say category romance from the 1980s DO NOT AGE WELL). As per the rules of the challenge, I added 10 books to the list and have already read 2 of the added books.

Highlights from the Reading List
1. Author Allie Pleiter - she can deliver in both contemporary romance and historical romance (inspirational in both genres). I have four of her books on my original 30 and have read and enjoyed 3 of them. The Bull Rider's Homecoming is the contemporary and although it is the third book in the series, you can read it as a stand-alone. Homefront Hero and The Doctor's Undoing are set in WWI era and can be read as stand-alones, but work better when you read HH first.

 
2. The Brides of Waterloo series
This was a little noticed series from Harlequin Historical that was published on the 200th anniversary of the Waterloo campaign. I highly recommend you read them in order, due to the different stories picking up along the same time line. I LOVED the first two books, but the third one left me disappointed (I didn't like the heroine).
 
 
3. The Soldier's Dark Secret by Marguerite Kaye
Continuing on the Britain is at war with France theme, this story deals with a long-time Army officer who resigns his commission after the Waterloo campaign and a French painter looking for answers to her parentage. So good! First book in two book series called Comrades in Arms.
 
 
 
Hey notice anything about the books highlighted? Yes, they are all from lines that Harlequin announced in May 2017 that are being shut down. Needless to say, I have many feelings toward that announcement, most that can be summed up as GRRRRRRR WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
 

 

 The Ripped Bodice Summer Bingo
Making my way through this challenge by only using what is on my COYER list. No bingos yet, stayed tuned. If you play, note that the rules set up that any book read starting June 1st counts.

24 in 48 Read-a-thon
I am all signed up and ready to binge read! This read-a-thon takes place at the same time that the second read-a-thon for COYER, so I will be reading my print books off my reading list for 24 in 48. I will be updating throughout 24 in 48 here and at Instagram. Sign up today!


Until next time, happy reading!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean and no cyber-bullying. The comment section will not be moderated unless evidence shows it must be to allow for all readers/reviewers/commenters to feel open to sharing. I don't suffer Internet trolls gladly.