Tuesday, December 20, 2016

I Think I Am Coming Down With A Case of....Bout of Books 18!

It's that time to sign up for Bout of Books (cycle 18)! Woo-hoo! I am glad to be back for one of my favorite read-a-thons and kicking off the first week of 2017 is sure to put me on the right foot for my reading year. As usual, here is the mandatory blurb (button can be found on the sidebar):

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 2nd and runs through Sunday, January 8th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 18 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

You have until 11:59 pm on January 3rd to sign up. Come join me!

Goal Posts:
1. As usual, have fun! This means participating in challenges and discussions, which I didn't do last cycle and ended up not feeling as accomplished or happy about my performance.
2. Since I am also doing a Romance Genre Bingo challenge with some online friends, I decided to knock out some of the books for the bingo during BoB 18. So my goal will be six books for this cycle:

Sarah Sunshine (Montana Romances #2.5) by Merry Farmer
Historical romance featuring an interracial couple - heroine is Native American, hero is white
 
 
My Friend the Bride by Nicolette Dane
Contemporary lesbian romance
 
 
 
Heir to a Desert Legacy by Maisey Yates
Yates' does Arabic romances so well, she leaves me in a puddle of emotions
 
 
 
The Bride and the Brute by Laurel O'Donnell
Medieval romance
 
 
My Writing Professor by Nicolette Dane
Contemporary lesbian romance with a New Adult spin
 
 
 
A Bit of Bite by Cynthia Eden
Paranormal romance 

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited about Bout of Books 18. Best of luck to us both on meeting our reading goals. Let me know if I can help you with anything along the way.
    Happy page turning and happy New Year!
    Oh, and if you come across a 2017 debut author, please let me know! - J, #BoutOfBooks expert
    http://jlennidornerblog.what-are-they.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! BoB really helps me focus on reading and making my goals. I'll be on the look out for debut authors if they write in the romance genre, which is 90% of what I read.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're joining in the fun! I hope you have a fantastic week! Good luck with all your goals!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean and no cyber-bullying. The comment section will not be moderated unless evidence shows it must be to allow for all readers/reviewers/commenters to feel open to sharing. I don't suffer Internet trolls gladly.