Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Tea Review: Sugar Plum Spice by Celestial Seasonings

 
Welcome to my first tea review!
 
I picked up this tea at my base commissary back in late December or early January, when the holiday/seasonal teas go on clearance prices and I can indulge my tea obsession without doing damage to the wallet. It has sat in my cabinet for months....then we had a warm spell (well, warm for England) and I didn't want to drink my normal English Breakfast teas.
 
One of the reasons I picked up this box of tea was the cover. Eye-catching and in keeping with the holiday feel. Please note that Celestial Seasonings recently redid their packaging, so the box on the website will not look at the box from my own stash. Personally, I like the holiday packaging and hope they keep it going while the rest of the year they use the new boxes.
 
This is a herbal tea and caffeine free, so it is suitable for everyone; as always, it is a good idea to check the ingredient list just to ensure you are not consuming anything that could be harmful to you.
 
First Impressions: as the tea steeped, a beautiful purple color emerged. Seriously pretty tea. And the smell is strong and pleasant but not overpowering.
 
 
 
First Sip Reaction: Wow! Perfect balances of spices and sweetness. Most holiday teas are too sweet for my taste.
 
Bottom of the Cup Reaction: I need to make another cup. That was good. So good I need to let my friends know about this tea. It honestly doesn't taste like a winter holiday tea - it tastes more like a summer time tea. That gave me an idea and I tried this tea on ice and it tasted as good cold as it did hot. I would say it was even a bit more flavorful cold than hot.
 
Final verdict: The one box I had of this tea didn't last a week. I brewed a cup for my friend when she came over to chat while the kids played. She left the house with four tea bags! I would highly recommend this tea.
 
If you want to try Sugar Plum Spice for yourself, you don't have to wait until December! You can order online at Celestial Seasonings; however, please note that the US site does not recognize APO zip codes, so if you are military living overseas, try using the Amazon site within your country.
 
Until next time, happy sipping!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean and no cyber-bullying. The comment section will not be moderated unless evidence shows it must be to allow for all readers/reviewers/commenters to feel open to sharing. I don't suffer Internet trolls gladly.